Read more about the Dutch eID scheme, iDIN.
iDIN is a Dutch eID scheme offered by banks that allows consumers to use their bank’s secure and reliable login methods to identify, login or confirm age on the websites of other organisations and substantially meets Level of Assurance (LoA) requirements.
iDIN is directed by the Dutch Payment Association (BVN, Betaalvereniging). It is a collaboration between all major Dutch banks to use the familiar authentication process of online banking in order to provide major eID coverage to the Dutch market. iDIN enables natural persons who have been checked against the requirements of the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act (Wwft) to provide one or several specific pieces of data from the records to Signicat customers, through a channel designed for this purpose by their bank.
iDIN facilitates the following services:
- Identification of Consumers based on Issuer issued credentials
- Age verification of Consumers based on Issuer issued credentials
- Login of Consumers using Issuer issued credentials
- Signing of documents by Consumers using Issuer issued credentials
The services provided by iDIN can be used by the Merchant, amongst others, to:
- Set-up new user accounts for Consumers in the Merchant’s domain based on the identification and/or attributes provided by the Issuer;
- Login of existing users that created their account with iDIN, or connected an existing account with iDIN;
- Age verification;
- Signing of documents.
- iDIN has a “Substantial” Level of Assurance (LoA).
- Natural persons are checked against the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act (Wwft).
- Targeted authentication via app with end-user in full control of their information.
Using eIDs simplifies the onboarding process of new customers, shares reliable data and makes it easy for returning users to log in. But the need to meet higher security protocols increases alongside can be met with an additional layer of verification, the Electronic Identity Document Verification (eIDV) service - to help where an eID is not enough. This could be times where more attributes are needed than an eID shares, or if an additional check of an identity document is required by law.
eIDV allows for the verification of an end-user’s identity by scanning and checking the information of an ID document. Some eIDV services also offer additional verification such as a facial similarity check and/or liveness check.
The Signicat Assure API:
enables you to combine a wide range of identity document verification mechanisms such as NFC reading of passports, fully automated verification using AI and manual verification performed by agents, based on the specific requirements for each individual end-user identity being verified.
- Increased online security
- Helps fight financial crime
- Fast onboarding of customers
- Dynamic solution which evolves with technology and the market
- Complies with European regulations and legal requirements
- Provides a “high” Level of Assurance (LoA)